Conditions of Entry
- A $30 fee, (includes GST) is payable for each exhibit entered. No REFUNDS.
- Each work shall be entered in one category and the additional themed categoryif requested. This will count as one entry with a maximum of two (2) entries allowed in total.
The committee reserves the right to move items into the suitable category.
- Each exhibit must be suitably framed, ready for hanging with “d” hooks and wire correctly positioned on the reverse and marked with artist’s name, address, title of work, category and selling price. Works not suitably ready for hanging as above will not be displayed.
- Size of framed works, including frame, MUST NOT EXCEED 110cm on the longest side. Sculpture works must be able to be moved by maximum of two people. Works in excess of this size WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Entries must be the unaided work of the entrant (excluding photographic processing and printing), and must be completed within the past 12 months.
- All exhibitors must allow their work to be reproduced for publicity purposes.
- Entries must be delivered free of charge. The committee reserves the right not to exhibit entries.
- All entries in the competition will be viewed by the judges.
- The committee will exercise all reasonable care in the handling of entries, but will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of exhibits whilst in custody of committee or its agents. Artists are advised to insure their works.
- Should there be insufficient entries and/or the judge considers entries are not up to standard, a prize may not be awarded. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All exhibits must be for sale.
- A commission of 25% will be retained on all sales, including acquisitions.
- The best of show prize is exempt from other category prizes.
- All entries must be delivered and collected at the expense of the exhibitor.
- Entry forms close at 5pm on Friday 24th March, 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
- Personal delivery to St Paul’s Church Hall, (cnr Limestone St and d’Arcy Doyle Place)
Saturday 29th April 2017 between 11am and 2pm
Late Deliveries or Wet entries WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Collection of art work Sunday 14th May 2017 between 2pm and 4pm only.
- NOTE: A holding fee of $50 per day for uncollected work may apply.
- Exhibits not collected by Friday 30th June, 2017 becomes the property of the Ipswich Art Awards committee.
- All courier and postal deliveries of art work only to: Ipswich Art Gallery Main Entry, d'Arcy Doyle Place, Nicholas Street, Ipswich CBD.
- NB. Deliveries Monday - Friday between 10am-4pm only. DO NOT send entry forms to this address as they will not be received. NO personal deliveries will be accepted by the Ipswich Art Gallery.
- Contact Ipswich Art Awards by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.